2018-2019 BBH Foundation Internship
Since 2011, the Billy Bear Hug Foundation (BBH) has provided the "cure of comfort" to children with life-threatening illnesses in West Michigan. Through partnerships with several local and regional organizations, we provide teddy bears and other quality of life support to children. In addition, through our Youth Advisory Board service-learning program, high school students gain hands-on experience running a non-profit organization while gaining exposure to area business leaders, philanthropists and medical professionals. BBH was founded to honor the life of Billy Wondergem, an aspiring pediatric oncologist whose lifelong dream of helping children with life-threatening illnesses was cut short with his untimely death in 2010. While Billy is no longer with us, his legacy lives on through the work of BBH. Consistent with Billy’s approach to his anticipated medical career, Billy Bear Hug was founded with the belief that there is more to pediatric medicine than just the science, and aims to ensure that childhood illness is a journey no child or family ever faces alone.
The Intern will serve as an integral part of the organization, and will be provided with valuable development experience in the areas of marketing and non-profit management. The role will require a commitment of up to 5 hours per week. The intern will be paid an annual stipend in exchange for his or her time commitment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of BBH’s Youth Advisory Board, a unique service-learning program consisting of ~30 high school students (monthly meetings, coordination of lesson plans, monthly updates to parents)
- Assisting with the development of quarterly e-mail blasts and other marketing collateral
- Social media content & engagement
- Assisting with donor relations
- Website updates & content
- Provide monthly updates to the BBH Board of Directors
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently enrolled in a higher education program and residing in or near the West Michigan area
- Pursuing degrees in Nonprofit Management, Education, Marketing, or another related field
- Energetic, hard-working and outgoing, with an interest in working with children and students, and a passion for the BBH mission
Interested candidates should fill out the form below and submit their résumé to email@example.com.